Honey Almond Date Balls
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 lb raw almonds
- 2 pints pitted dates
- vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grind the almonds in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Move chopped almonds to a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, until fragrant and just a shade darker.
- Coarsely chop dates and add to food processor. Pulse until finely chopped and dates form a ball. Remove from processor to a bowl.
- Add half of the ground almonds to the dates, leaving the reserved almonds on the baking pan to roll the balls in once formed.
- Add the Sue Bee® honey to the date and almond mixture. Mix together until evenly mixed and smooth.
- Coat your hands with some vegetable oil so mixture does not stick too much.
- Form mixture into 1-1/2" balls. Roll each ball in ground almonds to coat well. Place in a sealed container until ready to eat.
- Any leftover chopped nuts for coating can be sprinkled over the balls to keep them from sticking together when moving.
- Will keep for up to 5 days at room temperature or up to a week in refrigerator.