Hillbilly Bean Soup
- 2 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche
- 2 teaspoons pureed chipotle chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 7 cups vegetable stock
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 large carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds (for topping)
- Heat butter in a medium stockpot over medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, carrots and celery and cook until soft.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Strain the stock into a clean medium saucepan and whisk in the pumpkin puree until smooth.
- Bring to a simmer and add Sue Bee® honey, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, spices and chipotle.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add water if the soup is too thick.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in 1/4 cup of the creme fraiche and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together the remaining creme fraiche and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon until combined.
- Garnish with the cinnamon creme fraiche and a handful of pumpkin seeds.