Cocoa Honey Cake
- 2/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 F, and lightly grease 8 x 4 loaf pan. Line the bottom of the pan with greased parchment paper.
- Whisk flour with cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Place beaten eggs in another bowl, and add Sue Bee® honey and sugar, beating until smooth and light in color. Gradually beat in oil until blended. Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture alternating with juice (or water).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and top with sliced almonds.
- Bake 50 minutes, or until pick comes out clean after inserting in center of the cake.
- Cool 15 minutes, then turn out onto rack and peel off paper.
- Wrap in plastic when completely cool, then in foil.