Citrus and Spinach Salad
- 1/2 teaspoon Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 red grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon single cream
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 55g thinly sliced parma ham
- 2 spring onions
- 250 g cantaloupes
- 225 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 large orange
- salt and pepper salt and pepper
- To make the dressing, put the Sue Bee® honey, vinegar, oil and cream in a small screw-top jar. Cover and shake until well blended; set aside.
- Working over a bowl to catch the juice, peel the grapefruit, removing all the bitter white pith, then cut it into segments between the membranes. If large, cut the segments into bite-sizes pieces. Set the grapefruit segments aside on a plate.
- Using a citrus zester, take fine shreds of zest from the orange and set aside. Working over the bowl containing the grapefruit juice, peel the orange, removing all the pith, then cut it into segments between the membranes and cut the segments into bite-sized pieces, if liked. Add to the grapefruit segments and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the combined grapefruit and orange juices to the dressing, and shake again to blend.
- Taste and add more citrus juice, if liked. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the spinach in a large serving bowl. Add the orange and grapefruit segments, the melon and spring onions and toss together.
- Shake the dressing once more, then pour it over the salad and toss.
- Scatter the Parma ham and orange zest over the top and serve at once.