Chocolate Wine Truffles
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 2 cups ground walnuts
- 1/3 cup sweet red wine
- Granulated sugar
- Heat the chocolate chips and Sue Bee® honey in a 3 qt saucepan on low heat; stir constantly until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in wafers, nuts and wine.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Store truffles in tightly covered cookie jar or metal can.
- Let stand for several days to blend the flavors.
- Flavor improves with age up to 4 weeks.
- Mix all ingredients except sugar.
- Continue to shape balls and roll in sugar.