Cherry Tea Bread
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sweet cherries in juice
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Sift the 2 cups flour (set aside reserved 1/4 cup for cherries), baking powder, baking soda, and salt together into a bowl.
- In a second bowl, toss the cherries with the reserved 1/4 cup flour.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter until it is light and fluffy; add the Sue Bee® honey and sugar gradually, beating the mixture until it is very light.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- With mixer at lowest speed, add the flour mixture.
- Fold the floured cherries into the batter.
- Turn the batter into a buttered and floured loaf pan, approximately 9 x 5 x 3 inches.
- Bake the bread in the center of the oven for 1 hour.
- Cool the loaf for 15 minutes in the pan; unmold the bread on a rack to cool completely.
- Wrap the cherry bread loaf in plastic wrap and keep for a day before serving for best flavor.