Carrot Cake Cookies
Re-make your favorite slice of carrot cake into a delectable sandwich cookie complete with cream cheese frosting.
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbs sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup Sue Bee® honey
- Beat together butter, sugars, egg and vanilla at medium speed for 2 minutes. Mix in carrots, walnuts, and raisins at low speed.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Drop a heaping teaspoon of batter on a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-16 minutes. Cookies should be light brown and springy to the touch.
- Cool cookies on sheets at racks for 1 minute, then transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.
- While cookies are baking, blend cream cheese and honey in a food processor until smooth.
- Sandwich flat sides of cookies together with a generous tablespoon of cream cheese filling in between.