Brandied Orange Nut Bread
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® honey
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 eggs
- 1 large orange
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease one loaf pan. Flour the bottom only.
- Zest and juice the orange. Should yield about 1 tablespoon zest and 1/4 cup juice.
- Mix flour, oatmeal, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the pecans, orange zest, and dates. Toss until coated.
- Add liquid ingredients and mix with a fork until well blended. The batter will be rather lumpy.
- Pour into loaf pan. Bake 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on rack.
- Wrap and store overnight. Yes, I know its hard to resist the temptation to cut it while its still warm and the kitchen smells so good. But the flavor develops further as it sits so your patience will be rewarded.
- Enjoy plain, with butter, or with spreadable cream cheese.