Blackberry Bliss Muffins
Rachel Ruiz’ Blackberry Bliss Muffins entry in the Sue Bee® honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
- 1 cup Sue Bee® Clover Honey, divided
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced almonds, divided
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Liberally grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together coconut oil, vanilla paste, eggs, buttermilk and 1/2 cup Sue Bee® honey.
- Pour dry ingredients into bowl with wet, stirring until batter just comes together.
- Fold blackberries, chocolate chips and 1/2 cup almonds into batter.
- Scoop batter into muffin tins by scant 1/3 cups.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of Sue Bee® honey over batter in each muffin tin, repeating until all muffins are covered.
- Sprinkle remaining almonds over honey, then drizzle additional teaspoon Sue Bee® honey over almonds. Repeat until all muffins are topped with honey-almond mixture.
- Place in oven and bake 18-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from heat and let sit 10 minutes before removing to rack to finish cooling.
- Before serving, drizzle additional honey over tops of muffins, as desired.