Beef Stir Fry
- 1/8 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas
- 1/2-1 lb top round steak
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Combine liquid marinade ingredients in a 2 cup heat proof measure, heat in the microwave (or in a pan of hot water) just enough to thin the Sue Bee® honey, stir to combine, add spices, stir.
- Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile trim all fat from beef, slice up meat, place meat and marinade in a 1 gallon ziploc bag, remove all air from bag and refrigerate for 4 to 48 hours.
- Remove meat from marinade, drain in colander, reserve strained marinade!
- In a wok or large skillet over medium/high with teaspoon of sesame oil (just enough to coat pan when wiped with a paper towel) cook meat until lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- Pull meat from center of pan and add chopped vegetables and 1/4 cup of water.
- Cover and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until veggies are tender, about 5 minutes or until desired tenderness is reached, be sure to stir every few minutes after the first 5.
- Remove meat/veggie mixture, pour reserved marinade into pan, bring to a boil.
- Allow to boil for a minute or two to kill any bacteria that was present from the marination process.
- While stirring constantly, slowly pour cornstarch mixture into heated marinade until desired thickness is reached it may not take all the cornstarch.
- Add meat/veggies back into the sauce, toss to mix and coat, pour onto a serving platter.
- Serve with white rice.