Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 6 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- In a large mixing bowl place all ingredients except flour and yeast.
- Mix, adding 4 cups whole wheat flour and 2 tablespoons yeast.
- Whip with a wooden spoon 5 minutes. Slowly, add the rest of the flour. Turn out on a floured board and knead till smooth.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and place dough in it. Put in a warm place to rise, covered with a towel, about 1 hour.
- When the dough has doubled in size, divide into 12 pieces. Roll into smooth balls. Flatten with the palm of your hand and place on a baking sheet.
- Let rise till doubled, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Bake at 350 F. 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cool on wire rack.