- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated nutmeg
- 2/3 cup whiskey
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup black mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Grind the mustard seeds to a powder, I use a coffee grinder.
- In a ceramic or glass bowl mix the mustard powder with the water and leave for half an hour.
- Then add the flour with the cayenne (if using) mix well.
- Add Sue Bee® honey, vinegar, whisky, nutmeg, salt and mix until well blended.
- Cover and leave overnight.
- Next day: if it looks too dry add more honey, so far the times I made it it never looked too dry but sometimes too thin and I add another spoon of flour, the mustard will thicken a bit more the next weeks so keep that in mind.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal, allow to mature/mellow for 2 to 3 weeks in a cool dark place.
- After opening keep in the fridge.