- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 pounds venison, ground or chopped (may be substituted)
- 1 very large Spanish onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, seeded, diced
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes, with puree
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons cumin, ground
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, dried
- 1 tablespoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons . Ancho chili, ground
- 1 tablespoons Chipotle chili, ground
- 1/8 teaspoons Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Epazote (optional)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 16 ounce cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1. In a large skillet, brown venison or Beef and drain off excess fat.
- 2. In a 6 quart or larger cooking pot, gently saute onions and green peppers in cooking oil for approximately 20 minutes, until tender. Add garlic and cook for another three minutes, being careful not to burn garlic.
- 3. Into pot, add browned meat and all remaining ingredients.
- 4. Bring to simmer over medium heat.
- 5. Reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for at least one hour, stirring occasionally.