Sunny Honey Squares
Laura Craig’s Sunny Honey Squares entry in the Sue Bee® honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup Sue Bee® Clover Honey
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons Sue Bee® honey
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- Combine butter, Sue Bee® honey, eggs and sugar. Beat well and add remaining ingredients which have been sifted together.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven in greased 9×13 inch pan for 20 minutes, or until very lightly browned and toothpick tests done.
- Top will look moist. While bars are baking, combine the glaze ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Spread in a thin layer over warm bars. Cool to room temperature.