Sue Bee Taco Nuggets
Make a batch of these delicious Sue Bee Taco Nuggets with Southwest Honey Sauce for your friends and family this weekend! Both are sweetened with delicious Sue Bee® honey and packed full of flavor.
- 2 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped mild green chilies, drained
- 16 1/2-inch cubes colby jack cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips (regular or nacho cheese-flavored)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons Sue Bee® honey, ground beef, taco seasoning and green chilies.
- Divide mixture into 16 equal portions and form into small balls around each cheese cube.
- In a shallow dish, beat egg white and water.
- Spread crushed tortilla chips in a second shallow dish.
- Dip meatballs into egg mixture one at a time before rolling in crushed tortilla chips until completely coated.
- Flatten each meatball into nugget shape ensuring both sides are coated with chips.
- Place nuggets on a baking pan coated with cooking spray and spray additional cooking spray on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.