Sue Bee® Honey Pumpkin Mousse
- 3/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 can (16 oz.) solid pack pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In the top of a double boiler, combine egg whites and Sue Bee® honey.
- Cook over simmering water, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 160 F.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites until cool and glossy peaks form; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine egg yolks, pumpkin, flour, spices and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; remove from heat.
- Gently stir 1/4 of the beaten egg whites into pumpkin mixture; gradually fold remaining egg whites into lightened mixture.
- Spoon mousse into dessert glasses; cover and chill.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.