Sue Bee® honey Pretzel Bites
Having friends over to watch the game? Looking for a tasty snack to share and munch on while watching a movie? These Sue Bee® honey Pretzel Bites are sure to the hit spot!
Who doesn’t love a warm and fluffy soft pretzel? Our Sue Bee® honey Pretzel Bites take the taste and flavor you’ve come to know and turn it into a bite sized snack that’s perfect for any occasion. The honey helps sweeten the dough and gives the pretzel a great flavor. Don’t forget to cover your pretzel bites with your favorite Sue Bee® honey before eating! Or if you prefer to top your soft pretzels with a zestier option, you can always dip, dunk and cover yours with our homemade Sue Bee® honey Mustard Sauce. Enjoy!
For more great ideas on different dips and sauces you can make with honey for your pretzel bites, check out Dips and Sauces pinboard on Pinterest!
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 package yeast
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- Vegetable oil, for bowl
- 10 cups water
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 1 large egg yolk beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Pretzel salt
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Let mixture stand until yeast begins to foam vigorously (5-10 minutes).
- Combine the Sue Bee® honey, yeast/water mixture, kosher salt, flour and butter in a bowl; mix well.
- Knead the dough until it's smooth – about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and coat the bowl lightly with the vegetable oil; return the dough to the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit in a warm place for 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Cover a baking pan with parchment paper and lightly brush with vegetable oil; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring the 10 cups of water and baking soda to a boil.
- Place the dough onto a slightly oiled surface; divide into 8 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough into a rope and cut into 1" chunks.
- Place the pretzels into the boiling water – one at a time – for 30 seconds each; remove them from the water using a large flat spatula, placing pretzel pieces one inch apart onto the parchment-lined baking pan.
- Brush each pretzel with the beaten egg yolk and water mixture; sprinkle with the pretzel salt.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until dark golden brown in color; transfer to a cooling rack for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a side of our Sue Bee® honey Mustard or your favorite dipping sauce!