- 1 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 eggs, at room temperature, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- cooked pumpkin seeds, for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, Sue Bee® honey, blend pumpkin, oil, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over dry ingredients.
- Stir just until mixed.
- Spoon batter into paper lined muffin cups, filling each to just below the rim.
- Bake at 350 F for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of muffins comes out clean.
- Let pan cool on rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan and let cool on rack completely.
- Top with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, if desired.