Sue Bee® Honey and Cream Cheese Chocolate Truffles
These decadent treats are a perfect addition to your next dinner party.
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened, at room temperature
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- 12- or 14-ounce package of chocolate-flavored candy coating
- Using a microwave-safe bowl, heat Sue Bee® honey and chocolate chips in a microwave oven for 35 to 40 seconds and stir. If chips are not thoroughly melted, warm for additional 10-second intervals, being careful not to burn the mixture.
- Add the softened cream cheese to the mixture and stir until well-blended. Scrape any residue from sides back into the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill for 3 to 4 hours.
- Dust your palms with cocoa powder (to prevent the chilled mixture from sticking to your hands) and form the chilled mixture into balls with a diameter of 3/4 to 1 inch. Place truffles on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or nonstick foil and refrigerate another 30 minutes.
- While truffles are chilling, prepare the chocolate-flavored candy coating according to package directions.
- Using a wooden skewer or small relish fork, dip chilled truffles one at a time into chocolate-flavored candy coating. Let excess coating run off truffle, then place each piece back on the lined cookie sheet.
- If desired, decorate truffles with sprinkles, chopped nuts or coconut, or drizzle with melted chocolate in a contrasting color or flavor. Place truffles back in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set dipping chocolate.
- Serve at room temperature.