Sticky Honey Walnut Orange Cake
Naylet LaRochelle’s Sticky Honey Walnut Orange Cake entry in the Sue Bee® honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Clover Honey
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® honey Clover
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Generously spray a 9-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, using a stand up mixer or hand mixer, beat 3/4 cup butter until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 1/4 cup sugar; beat until combined. Add eggs one at a time, beating in between each addition. Add 1/4 cup Sue Bee® honey, 3/4 cup orange juice, milk, orange zest and ginger. Beat until well-combined. Gradually add flour mixture, beating on low speed until combined.
- Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake 45-55 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Using a knife, loosen edges of cake. Invert pan onto a wire rack.
- Make the honey glaze. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, add 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup butter, 3/4 cup light brown sugar, corn syrup and 1/2 cup Sue Bee® honey. Cook, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat Stir in walnuts.
- Spoon walnut-honey mixture over warm cake. If desired, garnish with orange zest curls.