- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu
- 2 finely minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons finely minced gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 bunch scallion
- 1/2 cup sesame seed
- canola oil
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 to 2 teaspoons red chili pepper flakes
- Wrap tofu with paper towels and place on a cutting board.
- Put a heavy plate on top to press out liquid for approximately 20 minutes.
- Stir sauce ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Simmer sauce while you prepare the tofu.
- Dry drained tofu with paper towels and cube.
- Dust very lightly with cornstarch.
- Heat 1-inch of oil in deep frying pan.
- Fry tofu in 350 F oil until golden brown.
- Place fried tofu in a large bowl and toss with 2/3 cup sauce.
- Sprinkle liberally with sesame seeds and scallions; toss gently.
- Serve remaining sauce for dipping or drizzled over vegetables.