Belgian Coffee Cake
- 1 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 3 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup corn oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare a 9×4 in loaf pan by lightly greasing the sides.
- Cut a piece of wax paper or parchment to fit the bottom for quick removal.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, quickly mix 1 egg; spoon in and mix the Sue Bee® honey, coffee and oil.
- Quickly fold in the dry ingredients – mixing just enough to combine without toughening the batter.
- Fold into pan and bake for 30 minutes. Use a tooth pick to see if center is done.
- Slice thinly and serve warm plain or with butter.