Nana’s Gluten-Free Cornbread
Naomi Vining’s Nana’s Gluten-Free Cornbread entry in the Sue Bee® honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
- 1 cup Sue Bee® Spun Honey
- 1 cup Buckwheat flour
- 2 cups gluten-free corn meal
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 4 eggs separated, 2 cups milk.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Stir with a whisk to incorporate well. As you separate the eggs, put the yolks in with the dry ingredients and put the whites into a separate bowl that is large enough to beat the whites stiff, forming peaks. Set aside the beaten whites.
- Into the dry ingredients and the yolks, add the Miracle Whip, Sue Bee Whipped Honey and the milk. Stir just until combined.
- Add the beaten whites and gently fold into the batter. Pour into a greased 9"x12" pan or large muffins pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes and golden brown.