Moroccan Honeycomb Pancakes
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry active yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter
- canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fine semolina
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix the sugar with the warm water then add the yeast. Stir until well-mixed then set aside in a warm place for 5-10 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Mix the water and milk together; let it sit out until lukewarm.
- Beat the eggs and then add them to the milk mixture.
- Sift the flour, semolina and salt into a large shallow bowl.
- Slowly pour half the milk mixture into the flour, stirring constantly by hand until well-mixed.
- Add the yeast mixture to the dough and beat vigorously by hand in order to air it and to eliminate any curds.
- Add a little more of the milk mixture from time to time, until the batter is runny smooth.
- Cover with a towel and set aside to rest for 1-2 hours.
- When ready to cook, rub your pan with a paper towel that has been dipped in canola oil; heat over medium-low heat.
- Gently stir the batter then pour 1 small ladle (3-4 tablespoons) onto the pan; smooth into a perfect circle with the bottom of the ladle and cook until bubbles appear over the surface of the pancake.
- Place the pancakes in a large heatproof shallow bowl in overlapping circles and keep them warm until ready to serve.
- Heat the butter and Sue Bee® honey with water in a pan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then place in a small serving bowl.
- Drizzle the honey mixture over the pancake and roll it up.