Down to Earth Granola
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- In a bowl, mix oats, almonds, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- In a sauce pan, warm the oil and Sue Bee® honey.
- Whisk or stir in the vanilla.
- Carefully pour liquid over the oat mixture.
- Stir gently with wooden spoon, finish mixing by hand.
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Spread granola in a 15×10 pan.
- Bake 40 minutes, stirring carefully every 10 minutes.
- Transfer granola-filled pan to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Stir in raisins or dried cranberries. Seal granola in an air-tight container or self sealing plastic bags.
- Store at room temperature.