Chilled Beet Soup With Chives
- 1 tablespoon Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 onion
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- sliced beet
- 2 cups buttermilk
- salt and pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over low heat.
- Add carrots and onion.
- Cover; cook over medium low heat until vegetables are just tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Add vinegar, cover and cook until vegetables are very tender, about 10 minutes longer, or until the vinegar has reduced.
- Working in batches, add beets with their liquid, Sue Bee® honey and carrot mixture to blender; puree.
- Transfer to a large bowl, mix in the buttermilk and season with salt and pepper.
- Chill until cold, about 3 hours.
- To serve, ladle into bowls or mugs and top with chopped chives and sour cream.