Caramel Apple with Sweet Sour Sauce and Ice Cream
Hidemi Walsh’s Caramel Apple with Sweet Sour Sauce and Ice Cream entry in the Sue Bee® honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
For Caramel Apple
- 2 Small Gala Apples, washed
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 4 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Raisins
For Sweet Sour Sauce
- 1/3 cup White Wine
- 4 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Water
- Vanilla Ice Cream for serving
- Cut each apple into 8 and core.
- Make caramel apples. In a large skillet, put butter and granulated sugar. Heat over medium heat and cook stirring constantly caramelized. Then put apples into the skillet, reduce heat to medium-low heat and cook for 10-12 minutes until the apples are very tender. Then fold in raisins. Toss to coat.
- While the apples are cooking, make sauce. Put white wine, Sue Bee® honey, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and ginger powder into a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together water and cornstarch then stir in the saucepan slowly and keep simmering until desired thickness stirring constantly. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- When the apples are cooked and the sauce has cooled, place apples on each serving plate, sprinkle cinnamon over the apples and pour the sauce over the apples. Put vanilla ice cream on the plate and serve.