Burst of Berries & Chicken Salad With Toasted Honey Vinaigrette
Margee Berry’s Burst of Berries & Chicken Salad with Toasted Honey Vinaigrette entry in the Sue Bee® honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey, divided
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons blackberry or raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 5- to 6-ounce bag mixed baby greens
- 1 cup cubed (half-inch pieces) rotisserie cooked or leftover grilled chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries or raspberries
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl toss half of the Sue Bee® honey and pecans together, spread pecans onto a baking sheet and cook until lightly golden, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle sugar and chili powder over pecans then use a metal spatula to transfer pecans in a single layer onto a medium piece of foil to cool. When cooled rough chop.
- Meanwhile make vinaigrette by heating remaining Sue Bee® honey and shallots in a small saucepan over medium heat. Swirl pan often until honey becomes golden in color, about 4 minutes; pour Sue Bee® honey mixture into a small bowl to cool.
- When honey mix has cooled, whisk vinegar, mustard and salt, then slowly stream in olive oil. Continue whisking until vinaigrette emulsifies.
- To serve divide greens onto each of 4 salad plates then top with chicken, berries and pecans. Drizzle desired amount of vinaigrette on next, top with goat cheese and last add desired amount of fresh pepper.