- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 7 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
- Mix the egg, melted butter and buttermilk.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add gently mix in the wet ingredients.
- Fill 12 muffin cups 1/3 full, add a scant tablespoon of filling, cover with more muffin mixture until 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle any remaining filling on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Put the muffins onto a rack to cool and drizzle with Sue Bee® honey.