Statement from William F. Huser, VP of R&D, Sioux Honey Association:
- Honey produced by Sioux Honey Association is not ultra-filtered.
- All raw honey purchased by Sioux Honey contains pollen and can be tested for country of origin by pollen analysis.
- The presence, or absence, of pollen in our honey products is not a food safety issue, nor is its presence required by the USDA, the FDA or American tradition.
- Sioux Honey filters honey to remove hive debris and prevent granulation, which incidentally removes some of the pollen.
- Sioux Honey filters honey according to USDA standards; the same way we have filtered honey since the 1950s. This filtration is macrofiltration, designed to remove visible particles, and much less aggressive than ultrafiltration.