Honey Lemon Cookies
These Honey Lemon Cookies are full of honey, lemon-y goodness, and they’re so easy to make. With the chewy texture, the tart flavor and the powdered sugar coating, these cookies are absolutely irresistible!
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- zest from 2 lemons
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup powdered sugar, for coating baked cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugar, honey and lemon zest. Scrape sides of bowl as necessary.
- Turn off mixer and add flour and salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice and baking soda (get ready for the fizz).
- Add the lemon juice and baking soda mixture to the rest of the ingredients; mix on low just until blended. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides and bottom of mixing bowl, then mix dough by hand to ensure that all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on parchment lined baking sheets. Place cookie sheet on middle rack of the oven; bake for 10-15 minutes, just until the cookies are slightly brown on the edges.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet. Toss lightly in powdered sugar and place on cooling rack to finish the cooling process.
- Serve any time and enjoy!