Honey Goat Cheese Almond Torte
Antoinette Leal’s Honey Goat Cheese Almond Torte entry in the Sue Bee® honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Honey Almond Praline
- 1/4 cup Aunt Sue’s® Raw-Wild Natural Honey
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons Aunt Sue’s Raw-Wild Natural Honey
- 5 tablespoons fresh goat cheese
- 1 (5.1-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons Aunt Sue’s Raw-Wild Natural Honey
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup salted caramel sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F; grease and flour two 8- or 9-inch nonstick cake pans.
To make the honey almond praline
- Melt the butter in a small nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add sugar and Sue Bee® honey and cook, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the almonds. Let mixture cool.
To make the custard filling
- In a small bowl, microwave goat cheese in 10-second intervals until smooth and melted. Let cool.
- Beat together pudding, Sue Bee® honey, cream and milk. Stir in cooled goat cheese until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to assemble cake.
To make the cake
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla and water (mixture will be lumpy).
- Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat until combined.
- Divide batter into cake pans. Drop praline mix by small spoonfuls evenly over batter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely on racks.
To assemble the cake
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate.
- Combine 3 tablespoons Sue Bee® honey with 1/3 cup salted caramel sauce.
- Drizzle half honey mixture over bottom cake layer.
- Top with half of the the custard mixture. Place the top cake layer over custard.
- Spread remaining custard over top layer, leaving 1-inch border at edges.
- Drizzle with remaining caramel mixture. Sprinkle sea salt over top of caramel.
- Serve chilled.