Healthy Honey Pumpkin Pie
Autumn wouldn’t be the same without a slice of homemade pumpkin pie. Get out your apron, turn on the oven and enjoy the smell of freshly baked pie drifting through the house! Our recipe is not only easy to make but is healthy as well.
- 1/2 cup Aunt Sue’s® honey
- 1 28-ounce can pumpkin
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup lowfat milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 unbaked pastry pie crust
- In a large bowl beat pumpkin and yogurt until well-combined. Add the rest of the filling ingredients except the egg whites and beat thoroughly.
- After you rinse your beaters, beat egg whites in a medium bowl until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the pumpkin mixture until well-distributed.
- Pour filling into pie crust. Bake at 425 F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 F and bake for 60 to 70 minutes until filling is just set.
- Turn the oven off and leave oven door cracked. After half an hour remove pie and cool completely.