A wonderful addition to your cookie platter.
- 3/4 cup Aunt Sue’s raw & unfiltered honey
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce white dipping chocolate (optional)
- Cream together Sue Bee Honey and margarine.
- Beat in eggs and then vanilla.
- Mix in baking soda, cocoa and flour until just combined.
- Stir in almonds and chocolate chips.
- On a foil-lined cookie sheet spoon dough in center to form a 9-by-5-inch loaf.
- Bake at 400 F for 18 to 20 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut 1/2-inch slices off loaf and lay cut side up on same cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 F for 15 minutes.
- Turn oven off, turn over cookies and leave in oven for another 15 minutes.
- Drizzle with white chocolate if desired.