Braised Turkey Legs with Honeyed Herbs
Here’s your new Holiday tradition! Our Honeyed Herbs sauce puts all other Turkey recipes to shame.
For the Turkey Legs
- Two whole turkey legs (drumsticks and thighs)
- 2 shallots
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary and sage
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package low sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups dry white wine
- Salt and black pepper
For the Honeyed Herbs Sauce
- 3 tsp Aunt Sue’s Honey
- 3 tsp dried Italian herbs
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Heat canola oil over medium high heat in a large pot or Dutch Oven.
- Season turkey legs with salt and pepper. Put the turkey legs in the pot, skin side down, and brown on all sides. Remove turkey legs and set aside.
- Add ½ cup white wine to deglaze the pot.
- Add shallots, onion, leek, celery, carrots, garlic, rosemary and sage. Cook till softened. Add the rest of the wine, then add chicken stock. Cook to reduce for ten minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, combine honey sauce ingredients in a bowl and cover the turkey skin generously.
- Put the turkey back in the pot. Cover and bake in the oven for one hour.
- After an hour, remove the lid and cook for another hour, or until turkey is fall apart tender. Serve.