Beet Salad with Honey Harvest Dressing
Try this light and refreshing beet salad with honey harvest dressing made with Aunt Sue’s® honey.
- 1/2 cup Aunt Sue’s® honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1/3 teaspoon oregano
- 1/3 teaspoon thyme
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients, then set aside while you prepare salad.
- 2 pounds medium-size beets
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled into small pieces
- 1/2 pound lettuce greens
- 1. Place beets in a medium-size pot and cover with cold water and apple juice. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook the beets until they are tender, 35-40 minutes. Remove from heat and drain thoroughly in a colander. Peel and cut the beets into wedges.
- 2. Add the cooked drained beets to the dressing, toss to coat and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Add cucumber slices and goat cheese to the lettuce mix. Add the beet mixture. Lightly toss to coat and incorporate all ingredients.