Aunt Sue’s® Honey Pumpkin Pie
Autumn wouldn’t be the same without a slice of homemade pumpkin pie. Get out your apron, turn on the oven and enjoy the smell of freshly baked pie drifting through the house!
- 1/2 cup Aunt Sue’s® Raw & Unfiltered Honey
- 1 28-ounce can pumpkin
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup lowfat milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 unbaked pastry pie crust
- In a large bowl beat pumpkin and yogurt until well-combined. Add the rest of the filling ingredients except the egg whites and beat thoroughly.
- After you rinse your beaters, beat egg whites in a medium bowl until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the pumpkin mixture until well-distributed.
- Pour filling into pie crust. Bake at 425 F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 F and bake for 60 to 70 minutes until filling is just set.
- Turn the oven off and leave oven door cracked. After half an hour remove pie and cool completely.